Fill Out The Form Below To Schedule An Appointment.
Your Lanap Dentist In Canton Mi
- Faster Healing – LANAP® treatment is minimally invasive and allows the body to recover and heal more quickly.
- Less Discomfort – Patients report less discomfort during and after surgery.
- No Cut, No Sew, No Fear – the LANAP protocol uses laser light energy to eliminate the bacteria that cause gum disease, and help your mouth recover faster
- Minimal Recovery Time – Most patients can immediately return to their daily routine.
- Little to No Gum Recession – Because the procedure doesn’t require cutting the gums, there is less risk of recession and your beautiful smile is maintained.
- Reduction in Gum Inflammation and Bleeding – The PerioLase® MVP-7™ targets inflammatory bacteria without injuring healthy tissue.
- Saves Teeth – Patients can keep their natural teeth sometimes even when the teeth have been deemed ‘hopeless’ with traditional treatments. Keeping your natural teeth has been linked to a longer lifespan!
- Safe for patients with Health Concerns –LANAP® protocol is safe for patients with health concerns such as diabetes, HIV, hemophilia, or those taking medications such as Plavix or aspirin.
WHAT IS GUM DISEASE?
Gum disease begins when a film called plaque accumulates on the teeth and calcium from saliva hardens the plaque—this calcified plaque is called tartar or calculus. Certain types of germs that live in this plaque and calculus damage gum tissue. Your body tries to fight this infection with an inflammatory attack, sending white blood cells to the area to destroy the bacteria. This inflammation causes the tissue to bleed easily when you brush or floss. This stage of the condition is called gingivitis.
- Signs/Symptoms of Moderate-Advanced Gum Disease Include:
- Gums that are red, swollen, and bleed easily
- Gums that seem to have pulled away from the teeth
- Bad breath or halitosis
- Pus between your teeth and gums
- Teeth that seem to be loose or moving away from one another
- Change in the way your teeth fit together when you bite
- Change in the way your partial denture or implant-supported restorations fit
- Or no symptoms at all!
WHAT ARE THE RISK FACTORS FOR GUM DISEASE?
Well known risk factors for periodontitis include genetics, stress, avoiding the dentist, no brushing or flossing, and some medical conditions. Smokers are significantly more likely to develop gum disease than non-smokers.
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Respiratory Disease
- Breast Cancer
- Heart Disease
- Pregnancy Complications
- Kidney Cancer
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood Cancer
Frequently Asked Questions
Tips To Choose The Best Dentistry Services in Canton MI Oral health is important to everyone’s teeth and smile. For this reason, you need an
Having teeth that are crooked or misaligned is common. It can negatively affect your self-esteem and oral health. People have used traditional metal braces to
Read Our Reviews!
How Can We Help You?
HELPFUL RELATED LINKS
ABOUT OUR BUSINESS, LICENSE, AND WEBSITE SECURITY
- Contemporary Dentistry and Implantology PC was established in 1998
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Wayne County & Washtenaw County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Canton, Plymouth, Westland, Wayne, Dearborn Heights, Dearborn, Novi, Livonia, Belleville, Ann Arbor, Garden City
- Website Safety Ratings and Reputation – AVG Threat Labs. View Details
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details